Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Tutor Me Program is not accepting new Student Enrollment Applications until further notice.
The Tutor Me Program (TMP) is an after school program that provides free 1:1 tutoring and mentoring services to K-12 students that are having difficulties and/or failing one subject. TMP covers the following subjects: Math (both in basic math: K-5th and upper math:6-12th), Science, Social Studies/History, Reading, English Language Arts (ELA). Free services are provided to students whose families annual income meet the Missouri Federal Poverty Guidelines.
For the 2018-2019, the Tutor Me Program will run from Monday, October 1, 2018 to Friday, May 10, 2019. Our goal is to provide your child with tutoring/mentoring services for their academic studies.
In 2014-2015 school year, the Tutor Me Program was implemented in the the University City School District at Barbara C. Jordan Elementary, Jennings School District at the Woodland Elementary School, and the St. Louis Urban Impact Center under Lincoln University. Over the years, the TMP has tutored many students throughout the St. Louis County and St. Louis City school districts.
The Tutor Me Program is dedicated to the success of all parties involved: parents/guardians, school districts, teachers, and tutors/mentors. Here at Smart Kids, Inc., we want to help your child succeed and expand their education upon their high school graduation.
Our tutors are recruited and trained from our partners at Saint Louis University (SLU), University Missouri of St. Louis (UMSL), and Webster University.
1. Fill out the online Student Enrollment Form or you can download the application below. Once downloaded, filled it out completely, scan/email or send it back by mail.
2. Annual household must meet the Missouri Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to receive free services. Please submit your previous tax return for income verification. If household income exceeds this amount, families will be charged $15 per hour for each session.
3. Student school must also receive 90% free or reduced meals.
4. Student has to have a below average grade in subject needing tutoring in.
5. Parents/guardians are required to complete an 1:1 orientation.
6. Parents are required to volunteer for 1 event throughout the school year.