The Tutor Me Program (TMP) is an after school program that provides free academic support through 1:1 tutoring/mentoring services, health and nutritional education, STEM, and other enrichment activities. Students receive sessions four times per week. Primarily we serve undeserved K-12 students that live and attend school low to moderate income (LMI) demographic areas. TMP covers the following subjects: Math, Science, Social Studies/History, Reading, English Language Arts (ELA). For the 2019-2020, the Tutor Me Program will run from Monday, September 16, 2019 to Friday, May 08, 2020.
The Tutor Me Program is dedicated to the success of all parties involved: parents/guardians, school districts, teachers, students, and tutors/mentors. Here at Smart Kids, Inc., we want to help your child succeed through youth development with academic support.
Our dedicated tutors are recruited and trained from our partners at Saint Louis University (SLU), University Missouri of St. Louis (UMSL), and Webster University. In addition, we recruit high school students from local St. Louis County high schools.
1. Fill out the online Student Enrollment Form or you can download the application below. Once downloaded, filled it out completely, scan/email or send it back by mail.
2. Parents must complete the Meet & Greet with their child and child's tutor.
3. Parents must make sure that their child attends 95% of their tutoring/mentoring sessions. Students are not allowed to miss more than three NO CALL NO SHOW appointments. Please communicate with our for the attendance of your child or he/she will be dropped from the program.
4. Student has to have a below average grade in subject needing tutoring in.
5. Parents are required to turn in their child's report card quarterly. .