The Tutor Me Program (TMP) is an after school program that provides free 1:1 tutoring and mentoring services. Students will receive two one hour sessions per week. We serve K-12 students that are having difficulties and/or failing one subject. TMP covers the following subjects: Math (both in basic math: K-5th and upper math:6-12th), Science, Social Studies/History, Reading, English Language Arts (ELA).
For the 2018-2019, the Tutor Me Program will run from Monday, October 1, 2018 to Friday, May 03, 2019. Our goal is to provide your child with excellent tutoring/mentoring services.
In 2014-2015 school year, the Tutor Me Program was implemented in the the University City School District at Barbara C. Jordan Elementary, Jennings School District at the Woodland Elementary School, and the St. Louis Urban Impact Center under Lincoln University. Over the years, the TMP has tutored many students throughout the St. Louis County and St. Louis City school districts.
The Tutor Me Program is dedicated to the success of all parties involved: parents/guardians, school districts, teachers, and tutors/mentors. Here at Smart Kids, Inc., we want to help your child succeed and expand their education upon their high school graduation.
Our tutors are recruited and trained from our partners at Saint Louis University (SLU), University Missouri of St. Louis (UMSL), and Webster University. In addition, we recruit high school students from local St. Louis County high schools.
1. Fill out the online Student Enrollment Form or you can download the application below. Once downloaded, filled it out completely, scan/email or send it back by mail.
2. Parents must complete the orientation and the Meet & Greet with their child and tutor.
3. Parents must make sure that their child attends 95% of their tutoring/mentoring sessions. Students are not allowed to miss more than three NO CALL NO SHOW appointments. Please communicate with our for the attendance of your child or he/she will be dropped from the program.
4. Student has to have a below average grade in subject needing tutoring in.
5. Parents are required to turn in their child's report card quarterly. .